Losi 5ive Forum  

Go Back   Losi5iveForum > Losi 5ive Advertisers > Oneill Brothers Racing

46cc

Discussion in Oneill Brothers Racing forum, started by Frontier5ive.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:19 PM

Frontier5ive is on a distinguished road
Default 46cc

I'm wondering why I haven't heard or seen much chatter about the new 46?
I'm saving now to buy mine I just want to see and hear more about it.
For all of you out there that have this engine let's hear about it.
Thanx
Old 01-20-2016, 12:34 AM

magicpie is on a distinguished road

I have had mine for about 1.5 months now, maybe about 2 tanks full and have no complaints (I have #15-I think). Easy to tune, easy to start, lots of power, and seems to have a pretty linear powerband. With the gearing that is supplied your looking around 46mph on the top end, and with plenty of lowend, in fact traction is your biggest problem down low, which is cool as I sort of wanted way too much power to begin with, giving it plenty of room to increase the topend with gearing

I don't know it's worth the 1000 bucks, but I felt I was getting a quality product, and the engine mounts and exhaust are top notch. This was my first order from OBR, and Sean seems cool, and was quick and helpful on the email.

Would buy again.

My only complaint if I had to make one, was the cutout of on the motor cover to clear the driveshaft, and battery box cover. I think OBR could of done a nicer job, as well as not cut so much out. No big deal, other then there is a large gap for a rock as an example to make it's way into the flywheel/fan and destroy it. Nothing a bit of mesh or using a body cover can't help but nevertheless it's in a weird spot to easily protect fully, and the risk will always be there. So I'm scared of loose rocks when I bash.

I got a handful of upgrades, but the drivetrain is largely stock, and haven't had any issue with it handling the power.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:21 AM

Frontier5ive is on a distinguished road

Thanx for the reply.
Ya I'm going to go ahead all pull the trigger on this engine
I have had the 30.5 full mod that I had bought 2nd hand in my baja for three summers now and it is still running strong.
Thanx for the info on the drivetrain,mine now is a completely stock truck bought new last summer and ran bout 4tanks of fuel, and now the winter rebuild..
I will probably at least throw in some phatdad doggies..
Thanx again for the reply
Old 04-03-2016, 10:36 PM

cole5601 is on a distinguished road

I just got mine installed and running and it is awesome! I was really easy to install and started on the 3rd pull! You will be happy!